Merchandise Admin Assistant (Placement)
Oasis Fashions are looking to recruit a Merchandise Admin Assistant to work with their Merchandising team in the Shoreditch Head Office, on a year long placement starting in Summer 2019.
This is an entry level role, with real prospects for someone who is completing a placement year as part of their degree and wants to develop a career in Merchandising.
This role supports the Merchandising team with all administrative tasks to ensure the smooth day to day running of the team. The MAA runs daily and weekly reports to update sales and stock information, and circulates within the team and to the wider business. They also participate in weekly and monthly meetings, pulling together all relevant reports and circulating ahead of time.
- Responsible for updating and monitoring weekly intake and is aware of Distribution Centre capacities
- Collates and distributes all reports across function a required
- Work with Buying counterpart & suppliers to manage weekly intake into the business
- Is consistently aware of daily sales and updates team on current trade
- Working with Channel teams, branch & digital to ensure product is sent to the correct place
- Involved in core flow management sales forecasting, intake phasing & promotion suggestions
- Produces historical analysis as required in preparation for planning
- Updates and checks accuracy of all planning reports
Commercial /Trend awareness
- Is aware at all times of company and department targets and current trading and can contribute in a commercial discussion
- Keeps abreast of commercial trading through regular store visits & digital websites to both Oasis and competitors, leading the meeting in the line manager’s absence
- Sizing ratios / database management / price change management
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- This is a placement role, so we are looking for someone who is seeking a placement as part of studying towards a relevant degree and is looking to gain practical industry experience.
- Strong administration and skills
- Technical and numerical skills are essential, as the role requires a good knowledge of computer systems, especially Excel!
- Some relevant work experience within a high street fashion retailer would be beneficial
- Able to demonstrate good understanding of the fashion retail industry and strong commercial awareness
- IT literate with some excel knowledge
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to tight deadlines
- GCSE Maths grade C or above