Senior Assistant Branch Planner
Oasis Fashions are looking to recruit a Senior Assistant Branch Merchandiser to join the Branch Planning & Distribution team in their Shoreditch Head Office.
To assist in the planning and trading of branches using analysis and forecasting to ultimately maximise profit and limit risk within the department.
Branch Planning & Merchandising
- Ensures all relevant historical analysis is gathered to prepare foundations for forward planning
- Reviews gradings of stores, looking for opportunities for stores to move up / down with categories
- Act as a point of contact for a number of high profile stores, supporting with additional reporting on a weekly basis, maintaining regular contact to ensure stock levels are appropriate. Aim to action frequent stores visits across the UK and Ireland store portfolio.
- Understand stock packages issues in stores, build up profiles of stores to help tailor & potentialise stock packages to meet local customers requirements
- Plans new store / refit stock packages and see’s these projects through from end to end, with the support of a Branch MAA
- Working closely with the Distribution function to oversee DC stock levels volumes. In particular, identify possible solutions to managing slow selling product as profitably as possible.
- Manage the Inter Branch Transfer process ensuring the business has visibility of large movements of stock.
- Drives and interprets analysis communicating findings to line manager
Management of Markdown
- Responsible for overseeing and sourcing stock for Outlet/clearance stores – work with the relevant branch contact and make sound decisions in line with business expectations and needs.
- Working with 3rd party wholesale partners to identify additional opportunities for clearing MD stock and ensuring any activity runs efficiently.
Commercial /Trend awareness
- Is aware at all times of company and department targets, and current trading with the ability to lead commercial discussions
- Keeps abreast of commercial trading through regular store visits to both Oasis and competitors, leading the meeting in the line manager’s absence.
- Makes decisions by assessing risk and opportunities through different scenarios and solving problems to best deliver results
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Currently be working as an Assistant Merchandiser or Senior Assistant Merchandiser within a fashion retailer or brand
- Confidence to present to high level management on a regular basis
- Strong-team player with a diligent work ethic
- Proficient with Excel
- Have a fashion retail background and a good awareness of the Oasis brand and its customer
- Commercially astute with a great sense of judgement along with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels