Merchandise Admin Assistant
Oasis Fashions are looking to recruit a Merchandise Admin Assistant to work with their Merchandising team in the Shoreditch Head Office.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in developing a career in merchandising and has a passion for fashion and retail!
This role supports the Merchandising team with all administrative tasks to ensure the smooth day to day running of the team. The MAA runs daily and weekly reports to update sales and stock information, and circulates within the team and to the wider business. They also participate in weekly and monthly meetings, pulling together all relevant reports and circulating ahead of time.
- Responsible for updating and monitoring weekly intake and is aware of Distribution Centre capacities
- Collates and distributes all reports across function a required
- Work with Buying counterpart & suppliers to manage weekly intake into the business
- Is consistently aware of daily sales and updates team on current trade
- Working with Channel teams, branch & digital to ensure product is sent to the correct place
- Involved in core flow management sales forecasting, intake phasing & promotion suggestions
- Produces historical analysis as required in preparation for planning
- Updates and checks accuracy of all planning reports
Commercial /Trend awareness
- Is aware at all times of company and department targets and current trading and can contribute in a commercial discussion
- Keeps abreast of commercial trading through regular store visits & digital websites to both Oasis and competitors, leading the meeting in the line manager’s absence
- Sizing ratios / database management / price change management
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- We are ideally looking for someone who has completed a relevant qualification or have experience working in retail
- Strong administration and skills
- Technical and numerical skills are essential, as the role requires a good knowledge of computer systems, especially Excel!
- Previous work experience in a similar role would be desirable
- Some relevant work experience within a high street fashion retailer would be beneficial
- Able to demonstrate good understanding of the fashion retail industry and strong commercial awareness
- Ideally have experience working in a high street retailer (either on the shop floor or in Head Office)
- IT literate with some excel knowledge
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to tight deadlines
- GCSE Maths grade C or above