The Shoot Lead ensures the successful execution of the final image edit and image file preparation for Oasis e-commerce and Creative web imagery, according to the brands creative standards.
This role works closely with the photographers and stylists to produce; direct and edit the best possible imagery. Having previous fashion and editing experience are a necessity for this role.
Your day to day role will consist of ensuring pose, hair & makeup; look and feel direction are on brand and producing top quality e-commerce imagery that is inspiring and appealing to our customer whilst hitting targets.
A key area of responsibility includes managing the process for the “lead image” for each product on the website, and assuring proper image preparation and the passing of final approved image edits to the Post-Production Team for retouching. Image preparation includes, but is not limited to; file management and naming conventions, image file size standards and image and colour processing.
The Shoot Lead also works closely with the retouch team in maintaining consistency in web imagery through to the final customer-facing uploaded image.
This role reports to the Photographic Production Manager.
- Under the guidance of the Brands and Studio Manager, work closely with the studio team to maintain image selection standards within the e-commerce studio. This includes image processing, editing and choosing the final lead images for each product on the website
- Establish a high level of communication with photographer and stylist regarding model and product prior to start of shoot – decide on hair, make up, look, feel and attitude for the product/model you are shooting
- Lead the on-set shoot team in ensuring our shoot sessions are delivered efficiently and to the highest of quality. QC all on-model imagery on set. Delivering a wide edit for all editorial/ Content / Next.com shoots
- Achieve shoot target every day– manage the team ensuring everything possible is done to achieve this
- Work closely with the Senior Stylist and Photographer finding ways in which to keep shoots fresh and aspirational, working with the brand to maintain their vision, presenting ideas and providing creative direction on monthly content and Next.com shoots
- Reference shoot guides to ensure brand and image consistency during every shoot session, feeding back any concerns to Photographer and Photography Manager
- Marking the shoot list, ensuring images are coded in Capture One and labelled accurately during the photo shoot
- Flag any concerning colour discrepancies or pertinent retouching notes in imagery, making notes for retouchers
- Choose and label the final images for each item shot
- Process out shoot selects, and transfer finals onto studio server after each shoot day
- Create a contact sheet with final selects at the end of each day
- Partner with seniors to lead the on-set team to ensure an efficient pace is maintained and each shoot is running as it should, and on time. Maintain a professional and productive working environment on-set at all times. Raise any issues as they arise
- Giving models direction on poses that reflect the art direction of the brand
- As imagery is being shot, monitor the image quality and raise any issues regarding pose to photographers, and issues regarding clothing, hair and makeup to stylists so team can rectify in real-time on set
- Circulate numbers to wider team at the end of each shoot day. Report on anything that may have affected these figures
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Creative thinker with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and maintain accuracy in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to clearly articulate creative direction with varying stakeholders on set, models, photographers and heads of teams
- Highly skilled in technical aspects of photography
- Experience in successfully collaborating on set with many different personality types. Team player who is willing to provide assistance whenever and wherever needed
- Maintain stable performance under pressure or opposition and be able to handle stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization
- Strong leadership skills – have the ability to positively motivate teams on set and problem solve
- Exceptional process management and organization skills. Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate efforts across a large organization (both internally and externally)
- An excellent eye for detail
- Be ambitious, with a huge amount of motivation to spread print, colour and happiness our customers worldwide and make Oasis a leading fashion brand.
- Ideally have 2+ Years in photography or related role, fashion e-commerce retail preferred
- Have strong attention to detail in order to present the product in the best way possible
- Understand current catwalk trends and how these relate to the brand
- Have excellent organizational, administrative, time management and oral communication skills Is able to rapidly adapt to change
- Be passionate about photography and Fashion
- Be proficient experience with digital photography